Ground waters often contain much manganese and iron. High iron and manganese contents in the water cause its turbidity and an increase in its color, the sanitary facilities get rusty stains. The removal of these substances consists in changing their compounds into easily dissolving forms, which are afterwards stopped by appropriate filtration media. In order to choose the media and the whole system correctly, physico-chemical analysis must be performed, which will show the form of iron and manganese in the water as well as dissolved oxygen, carbon dioxide and organic substances contents.
Iron and manganese removing media:
- BIRM - granular catalytic media for removing iron and manganese from water. The stopped substances are removed from the media during backwash. No chemical substances are used.
- GREENSAND - oxidizing and filtering media, made of natural raw material - glaukonit. It is regenerated with the use of KMnO4. Depending on iron and manganese contents, the media can be regenerated periodically or constantly. Delay or lack of regeneration may damage the media.
- MTM - Used for removing iron, manganese and hydrogen sulfide from the water. It is regenerated with the use of KMnO4. Depending on iron and manganese contents, the media can be regenerated periodically or constantly. Delay or lack of regeneration may damage the media.
Our iron removers characteristics:
- Fully automatic
- Highly effective media with catalytic properties of oxidizing iron and manganese contents
- Long lifetime of the media
- Injector or compressor aeration
- High reliability and efficiency (warranty up to 3 years)
- Low operating outlays
- High durability tanks
- Best quality for the lowest price
Please find detailed information in the files below.